Lunchbox Surprise Sandwiches
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2-ounce slice deli turkey or ham
- 1 3/4-ounce slice Land O Lakes® Deli American
- Fresh spinach leaves or leaf lettuce
- 1 carrot at least 9 inches long, peeled
- Flatten bread slices with rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thickness. Trim crusts with serrated knife. Spread 1 side of each slice flattened bread with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese. Top 1 slice with turkey and cheese. Add spinach or lettuce. Top with remaining bread slice, cream cheese-side down. Press sandwich to flatten.
- Cut sandwich into 4 quarters with sharp knife. Stack to make 2 sandwiches; press down slightly.
- Cut 4 long carrot ribbons with vegetable peeler. Wrap each sandwich with 2 carrot peels, crossing seams underneath sandwich to hold in place.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap; refrigerate.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Land O' Lakes.