Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Featuring Caraluzzi's Pure Poultry Chicken Andouille Sausage.
- 12 oz. Caraluzzi's Pure Poultry Chicken Andouille Sausage
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup reduced- sodium chicken broth
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil dried oregano and cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. Caraluzzi's Pure Poultry boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lbs. uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 cups hot cooked rice
In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Place chicken and sausage in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomato mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until chicken is tender.
Stir in shrimp. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice.