Mediterranean Grilled New York Strip Steak
- 4 12 ounce New York strip steaks
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried, hand crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper (try Caraluzzi’s Five Pepper Blend and Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt)
- 1/2 red onion cut into 4 even full circle slices
- 1 beefsteak tomato cut into 4 even slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Combine rosemary, thyme, coffee, salt and pepper in small mixing bowl to create a rub. Evenly season steaks with rub and grill over medium-high heat to desired doneness.
Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes.
Grill onion and tomato over medium heat.
Top each steak with 1 tablespoon butter, grilled onion and tomato.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.