Mini Apple Cheddar Tarts
Perfect for a crowd!
- 1 apple halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
- 30 mini phyllo tart shells
- 1 cup 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fresh rosemary for garnish, optional
- Heat oven to 350oF.
- In medium bowl, toss apple, red onion, olive oil, rosemary and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange tart shells on parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill each shell with apple mixture; top with cheddar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tarts are golden. Garnish with additional rosemary, if desired. Serve immediately.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese