Monkfish and Chorizo Kabobs
The star ingredient in this recipe is the monkfish, which is mildly sweat and has a texture similar to scallop or lobster.
- 1/2 pound chorizo cut into 16 slices
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds monk fish fillets cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 medium onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for brushing (try Caraluzzi’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend & Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Light grill. Alternately thread 4 slices of the chorizo, 4 of the cherry tomatoes, 3 or 4 chunks of the monk fish and 3 pieces of the red onion onto each of four 12-inch metal skewers. Brush the monk fish and chorizo kebabs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the kebabs over a medium-hot fire, turning once, until lightly charred and the fish is cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon juice and parsley.
- Transfer the kebabs to a platter and drizzle with the dressing.