New England Oyster Stuffing
This traditional East Coast stuffing is a favorite from the Georgia coast to the docks of Maine, though New England is often cited as the origin of the recipe. It's said that the oysters create a moister stuffing, but we love that it's one more way to highlight the delicious flavor of oysters during their prime season. A holiday favorite for many of our customers, follow the recipe below for a taste of East Coast tradition. This recipe is good for a 12 to 20 lb. bird.
- 4 cups of bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup of finely diced onion
- 1 egg well-beaten
- salt and pepper to taste Try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
- 8 ounces of fresh shucked oysters
- Sauté celery and onion lightly in butter.
- Cut each oyster into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together thoroughly.
- Stuff your bird.
- Roast as usual.