No Queso Quesadillas
- 1 package Hilary’s Adzuki Bean Burger
- 2 teaspoons oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 zucchini diced
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ jalapeno seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tortillas
- cilantro for garnish
- salsa to serve
- Prepare the Hilary’s Adzuki Bean Burgers as per package instructions. Crumble the burger and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Add the pepper, zucchini, onion, and jalapeno to the pan. Cook until veggies begin to soften but are still crisp, or about 3-5 minutes. Add the crumbled burgers to the veggies and take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado in a bowl and add the lime juice and salt.
- Arrange a quarter of the avocado and then veggie mixture on each tortilla, covering just half of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla closed over the veggies. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and folded.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Place one or two tortillas in the pan and cook until browned and crispy on both sides. Repeat until all the tortillas are browned.
- Serve with more jalapeno, cilantro, and your favorite salsa.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Hillary's.