One Pot Orecchiette with Sausage & Broccolini
- 1 lb Loose Italian Sausage Meat not in casing - sweet or hot
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 1 lb Fresh Broccolini Cut into 1” pieces 2 Bags of Pero Farms
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken Broth 20 fluid ounces
- 8 oz Orecchiette Pasta half a standard 16oz box
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper can omit this if using hot sausage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese Optional
- In large pot or Dutch oven with lid turn on to medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook for about 6 minutes using wooden spoon to separate sausage into smaller pieces as it cooks and onions soften.
- Turn temp down to medium and add minced garlic and red pepper(optional) and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn temp to high and add all the chicken broth, put lid on and bring to a boil.
- Once its boiling turn down to low, add the pasta and stir. Put lid back on and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the broccolini pieces and stir up the pot. Put the lid back on and continue to simmer for another 5-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked enough and broccolini is bright green and semisoft.
- Pour entire contents of pot into a large serving bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese to the top
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a loaf of warm Italian bread.