One Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- ½ lb Baby Carrots sliced (about half a 16oz bag)
- 2 Medium Zucchini cubed approx. ½”x ½”
- 1 pkg 8oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 small bunch Kale stems removed and chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 oz, not seasoned
- 2 Tablespoons Caraluzzi’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Caraluzzi’s Italian Seasoning
- ¼ Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth 2 32oz cartons (prefer using broth over stock)
- 12 oz pkg Caraluzzi’s Fresh Cheese Tortellini
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Grated Romano or Parmesan for serving
- In large stock pot heat olive oil at medium temp.
- Add onions & carrots cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning & pepper flakes and cook for about one minute.
- Turn up heat, add the vegetable broth, put on lid and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to low and cook veggies on a low simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tortellini pasta and kale and cook for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Optional add grated cheese for flavor (we prefer Romano over parmesan for this recipe).
- Can substitute the pasta & cheese with vegan options
- For a little more color, swap 1 green zucchini with a yellow squash
- For a more authentic Italian recipe, swap the kale with escarole