Parmesan Panko Shrimp
These flavorful, easy to prepare breaded shrimp make a great appetizer or serve over salad for a quick and healthy meal. Can be pan fried or baked.
- 12 Jumbo Shrimp 16/20 Peeled and Deveined
- 12 6 inch skewers
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
- 1 cup unseasoned panko
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Place shrimp straight on skewers through tail end first and go straight up to the top
- Whisk together in small bowl milk and eggs
- Mix together in a separate medium bowl panko, parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Dip shrimp skewer into milk and egg was then into the dry mix. Repeat for a double coating.
- Place frying pan on medium low heat with a ¼ cup of oil
- Once oil is hot place shrimp in pan, brown each side and continue to rotate shrimp for about 6-7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 385˚F
- Place shrimp on oven proof pan, bake for 6 minutes then flip and bake for 8 more minutes. Turn broiler on, broil each side until golden brown.