Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled & cut into 3/4" pieces To save time try our cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste Try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta or your favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese optional
Preheat oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position.
Prep butternut squash and add the pieces to a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the squash with the cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Add the olive oil and toss until everything is coated. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the squash is cooked and lightly browned.
Boil a generously salted pot of water and cook the orecchiette according to package directions.
When the squash is about done, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the sage for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. The sage will be crispy and the butter lightly browned.
Add the squash to the skillet along with 2 tablespoons of the pasta water and the drained orecchiette. Toss everything together and serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan if desired.
Photo and recipe courtesy of saltandlavender.com.