Pear, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad
- 1 package mixed baby greens
- 1 large ripe pear Bartlett or d’Anjou
- 3 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 3 oz walnuts chopped
- 4 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil (try Caraluzzi’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Divide the mixed baby greens onto six salad plates. Peel and slice the pear thinly. Top the salad greens with pear slices, dividing the slices among the 6 plates.
- Top each salad with ½ oz. of the crumbled blue cheese.
- Next, top the salads with ½ oz. of the chopped walnuts.
- For the dressing, combine 4 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil with 2 TBSP of balsamic vinegar. Mix in the Dijon mustard, sugar and salt.
- Top each salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
Note: May substitute plain chopped walnuts for candy coated ones, if desired. Recipe and photo courtesy of Stemilt.