Pear Spinach Salad
- 2 oz. raw pecan halves
- ½ lemon
- 2 oz. dried cranberries small handful chopped
- 1 Anjou pear quartered, cored and sliced crosswise
- 2 oz. Gorgonzola cheese thinly sliced
- 1 5 oz. package of Olivia's Organics Baby Spinach
Dressing (adjust to taste):
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar try Caraluzzi's Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 clove minced or crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Grey Poupon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
Toast the pecans in a dry skillet for a few minutes, being careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
Squeeze half a lemon into a salad bowl, seeds removed.
Add to the bowl the cranberries, sliced pears, cooled pecans, Gorgonzola cheese and spinach.
Just before serving, toss the salad gently with the dressing.
Freeze the Gorgonzola so it can be easily sliced thin before adding to the salad. All ingredients are approximate and should be adjusted to your personal taste!
Photo and recipe courtesy of Olivia's Organics.