Perfect Backyard Porterhouse
This recipe makes for easy clean up since the potatoes and veggies are cooked on the grill next to the steak.
- 4 18-ounce Certified Angus Beef ® porterhouse steaks
- 2 pounds baby new red potatoes cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 fennel bulb cored and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot peeled and minced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/2 pound asparagus thick bottoms snapped off, stalks cut in half
- 9 x13-inch aluminum foil pan
- Salt and pepper to taste try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend and Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt
Place potatoes, fennel, shallot, butter, red wine, salt and pepper in foil pan. Seal tightly with aluminum foil and place on medium-high grill to steam, approximately 20 minutes.
Add asparagus to vegetable tray; stir and continue to cook on medium heat 5 to 10 more minutes. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill to medium rare or desired doneness. Remove steaks and let rest for 5 minutes.
Serve steak with vegetables and sauce from pan.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.