Pesto and Asiago-Stuffed Mushrooms
A great holiday appetizer, this recipes makes 2 dozen mushrooms.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms stems removed (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup stirred pesto
- 6 ounces Sartori Classic Asiago cheese finely shredded (about 2 cups)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place mushrooms stem side down on an ungreased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Transfer mushrooms stem side down to paper towels to cool. Wipe out the pan.
- Meanwhile, drain or pat (with paper towel) pesto to remove any excess oil. Combine asiago and pesto in a bowl.
- Return mushrooms stem side up to the pan. Fill with asiago mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.