Portabella Swiss Burger
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ground chuck
- 3 portabella mushrooms cleaned and stemmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 burger buns try Brioche buns
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
- Brush both sides of portabella caps with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill approximately 5 minutes per side. Slice and set aside. In a small mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise and hot sauce; set aside.
- Portion ground chuck into 6 patties, season with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness (recommended 160°F internal temperature). Top each with slice of cheese.
- To assemble, spread bun bottom with spicy mayo, top with lettuce, burger and mushroom slices.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef