Portabella Swiss Burger
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ground chuck
- 3 portabella mushrooms cleaned and stemmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 burger buns try Brioche buns
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
Brush both sides of portabella caps with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill approximately 5 minutes per side. Slice and set aside. In a small mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise and hot sauce; set aside.
Portion ground chuck into 6 patties, season with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness (recommended 160°F internal temperature). Top each with slice of cheese.
To assemble, spread bun bottom with spicy mayo, top with lettuce, burger and mushroom slices.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef