Roasted Leg of American Lamb
- 1 boneless leg of American Lamb approximately 6 pounds
- 4 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 lemons zested
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 cup olive oil Try Caraluzzi's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Rub mixture on leg of lamb. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
- Bring lamb to room temperature and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into center of leg reads 125°F to 130°F.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Pairing suggestion: Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Merlot.
Photo and recipe courtesy of American Lamb.