Roast of Filet Mignon Beef Tenderloin
- 1 whole filet mignon or 2 tied butt tenderloins (4-6 lbs.)
- chopped garlic
- olive oil (try Caraluzzi's Garlic Infused Olive Oil)
- salt and pepper (try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt & Five Pepper Blend)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Rub fillet roast with oil, then sprinkle on chopped garlic and a generous portion of salt & pepper.
- Place fillet roast in pan with fat side on top
- Once oven is preheated, put roast in oven, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees
- Check thermometer for temperature. For rare pull at 120 degrees, medium pull at 130 degrees.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.