Roasted Bronzini Fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil divided
- try Caraluzzi’s Olive Oil
- Coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- (try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend
- 6 bronzini branzino fillets with
- skin each about 5 ounces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice to sprinkle over
- fish fillets
- Puree herbs, lemon zest, 1/8 teaspoon salt and ¼ cup oil in blender or small-bowl food processor until smooth. Transfer to small bowl; whisk in remaining ¼ cup of oil. Season herb oil to taste with coarse salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat fillets dry. Sprinkle on both sides with a little bit of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat – a non-stick skillet is easier. Add 3 fillets, skin side down. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Transfer fillets, skin side down, to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1/2 tablespoon herb oil. Roast fillets until just opaque in center, about 9 to10 minutes. Plate the fish and drizzle remaining herb oil over each fillet. Finish off each fillet with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, leafy greens, or a grain salad.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.com