Salmon with Caper Sauce
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 bay leaf
- Few black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup fish stock
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper Try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
- Fresh dill sprigs
Lay the salmon fillets in a shallow ovenproof dish. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns, vinegar, and stock.
Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Transfer the fish to warmed serving plates, cover, and keep warm.
Strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan. Stir in the cream, capers, dill and chives and seasoning to taste.
Blend the cornstarch with the milk. Add to the saucepan and heat, stirring, until thickened slightly. Boil for 1 minute.
Spoon the sauce over the salmon and garnish with dill sprigs.