Salted Caramel-Mascarpone Cheese Fondue
Get creative with this festive holiday appetizer.
- 1 package 9.5 ounces caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Belgioioso Mascarpone cheese 8 ounces
- Sea salt to taste
- Chocolate sauce or hot fudge topping warmed
- Assorted Dippers: apple slices, cookies, marshmallows, pineapple, pound cake, seedless grapes and strawberries
- Melt candies with cream in a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, stirring frequently until smooth. Add mascarpone; whisk until smooth. Remove from the heat. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to a fondue pot. Heat on low to keep warm. Serve with chocolate sauce and dippers.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.