Sautéed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic & Red Pepper
Broccoli rabe is a superfood packed with vitamins and nutrients. The bold flavor enhances and complements a lot of foods.
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil try Caraluzzi’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt try Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper try Caraluzzi’s 5-Pepper Blend
- Cut off and discard 1 inch from stem ends of broccoli rabe. Cook broccoli rabe, uncovered, in a pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3 minutes, transferring with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Drain well in a colander.
- Cook garlic in oil in a nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli rabe, pepper fl akes, salt and pepper, and cook, tossing to coat with oil, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.