Skillet Chicken with Baby Bok Choy & Sticky Rice
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Tenders or boneless breast
- 1 cup Chicken Broth 8oz
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce Tamari as alternate
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pkg Baby Bok Choy or 2 packages 4-6 heads total
- 2 packages Prepared Sticky Rice 15 oz total
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds optional
- Pat dry and season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Sauce - In a small bowl whisk up the chicken broth, soy sauce and corn starch mix till smooth and put aside.
- Bok Choy- Wash and cut bok choy in half lengthwise. In a large skillet over medium to high heat (wait until skillet is hot) add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and when hot use kitchen tongs to make a single layer of bok choy. Sear it for about 2 minutes on each side. Then transfer it to a plate for later.
- Chicken - In same skillet add the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then add chicken to the pan. Sear the chicken for about 4 minutes per side until just cooked through and well browned. Transfer chicken to a plate for later.
- Sauce – In same skillet add the garlic and stir for less than a minute. Take bowl of sauce and stir a few times and then pour mixture into the skillet. Use a wooden spoon to loosen and browned bits for the bottom of the pan. Simmer the sauce until thickened.
- Steam or microwave the sticky rice.
- On serving platter or individual plates lay down rice and place bok choy down on top of the rice. Layer the chicken on top of both and pour the sauce over it all. Can garnish with sesame seeds.