Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
You need only 10 minutes to throw together these elegant party appetizers.
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel) softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 flour tortillas 8 to 10 inches in diameter
- 1 package 4 1/2 ounces smoked salmon skinned and finely chopped
- 16 spinach leaves
- 16 strips about 5x1/4 inch red bell peppers
- Mix cream cheese and dill weed. Spread about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup salmon. Place 3 or 4 spinach leaves and 4 bell pepper strips evenly spaced on each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas tightly; seal edge of each tortilla by spreading with additional cream cheese mixture. wrap securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into 1-inch pieces. Place cut side up on serving platter.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker