Spicy Korean Pork Skewers
These Spicy Korean Pork Skewers are perfect for your next backyard barbecue. Garnish with sliced scallions if desired. Serve alongside a bed of white rice.
- 2 lbs Boneless Country Style Pork Ribs cut into 1-inch Cubes
- ½ Cup Chili Garlic Sauce
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Inches of Fresh Ginger Root Skins Removed & Chopped or substitute 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 Tablespoons Dry Sherry Cooking Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Wooden Skewers soaked in water for 30 min
- In a large bowl combine the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sherry, sesame oil & brown sugar and whisk to form a marinade. Add the cubed pork to the marinade, toss, & let sit for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Thread the marinated cubes of pork on skewers, about 4-5 pieces per skewer. Transfer the skewers to the grill and cook, uncovered, turning to brown evenly every 2 to 3 minutes until tender, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.