Split Chicken Breast & Angel Hair Pasta Marinara
- 2 Split Chicken Breasts Skin-on, Bone-in (aprx.2.5lbs)
- ½ lb Angel Hair Capellini Pasta
- 1 24 oz. Jar Caraluzzi's Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Fresh ground Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan or Romano cheese,
- 1 loaf Italian bread optional
- Turn on oven to 350 F. (for the bread a little later).
- On stove top heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium size pan on high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper and add to the pan. Cook for about 4 mins per side to make sure each side is browned.
- In a medium stock pot add chicken and juices from pan. Add the marinara sauce to ensure chicken is mostly covered in sauce. Put cover on pot.
- Bring pot to a simmer and cook for about 35 minutes. About ½ way through cooking flip breast to other side to ensure even cooking. Can pull chicken out when the temp hits 160 F as it will continue to rise to 165 degrees.
- After chicken has been cooking for about 20 minutes, wrap loaf of bread in foil. Heat for about 15 minutes.
- After chicken has been cooking for about 25 mins, start boiling water for pasta.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package (usually only about 3-5 mins).
- In individual serving bowls plate pasta first then put 1 chicken breast on top and add sauce to your liking.
- Add shredded parmesan or Romano cheese and serve.
- Serve with a warm loaf of Italian bread, try Caraluzzi’s pane di casa.
- In our family we use an extra empty bowl in the center of table to discard skin/bones.
- Can sub conventional butter with Italian Parma Butter for more flavorful taste.
- The leftover sauce can be refrigerated and used for another meal later in the week.