Standing Rib Roast
- 1 Bone-In Rib Roast
- Kosher or Sea Salt (try Caraluzzi’s Sea Salt)
- Ground Pepper (try Caraluzzi’s Five Pepper Blend)
- Use a standard meat thermometer
- Preheat Oven to 500 degrees
- Season the roast with a generous portion of Salt & Pepper.
- Place rib roast in pan with fat side on top with approximately ¼ inch of water in pan.
- Place roast in 500 degree oven for 20 minutes
- Then reduce oven temp to 225 degrees and cook for; 20 minutes per/lb for 1 thru 3 rib roasts; 15 minutes per/lb for 4 thru 7 rib roasts.
- Check thermometer for temp and check early.
- For Rare pull at 125 degrees.
- For for Medium pull at 130-135 degrees.
- Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.
Photo courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.