Steamed Littleneck Clams
- 48 littleneck clams (or 36 topneck sized clams)
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Run the clams under cold water and scrub clean with a brush. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large stockpot, add wine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Gently add clams to the boiling wine, cover and steam until fully opened, about 5 minutes.
- While the clams are steaming, melt butter on stovetop or in microwave and add the minced garlic. Place into small serving bowls.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and pour some of the hot broth in each bowl.