Steamed Littleneck Clams
- 50 littleneck clams no larger than 2 inches across
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Run the clams under cool water and scrub clean with a stiff brush, discarding any that are open and won't close when tapped on a firm surface. Rinse and set aside.
- In a stockpot, add wine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Gently add clams to the boiling wine, cover and steam until fully opened, about 5 minutes.
- While the clams are steaming, melt butter in microwave and add the minced garlic. Place into small bowls.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.