Stir-Fry with Scallops and Asparagus
Use Dry Sea Scallops for this dish. Serve over Rice.
- ¾ lb. fresh asparagus
- ¾ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¾ lb. sea scallops halved
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or 3 to 4 oyster mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 to 3 thin green onions
- Black Pepper (try Caraluzzi's Five Pepper Blend)
- 2 cup Hot cooked rice no salt added
- Trim off asparagus spears at lower end. Rinse and cut into 2 in. diagonal pieces. Cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce. Set aside. Stir-fry halved scallops and mushrooms in oil with garlic until scallops are just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Add drained asparagus, tomatoes, and green onions. Add pepper to taste, heat through and serve over rice.