Summeripe Peach Caprese
Summer evenings call for Summeripe Peach Caprese Skewers. Summeripe Yellow Peaches, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and reduced balsamic vinegar threaded onto a skewer is the ultimate quick and delicious appetizer.
- 2 Summeripe Yellow Peaches sliced into equal sized slices
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 12 fresh mozzarella rounds or slices about 12 oz
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar try Caraluzzi's Premium Balsamic Vinegar
- Pierce one cherry tomato half onto each skewers and lay out on a plate
- Push Summeripe Yellow Peach slice on top of the cherry tomato half
- Add a basil leaf after the Summeripe Yellow Peach slice then add the fresh mozzarella round (or slice)
- Add another basil leaf on top of the mozzarella then add a Summeripe Yellow Peach slice and finish with the second half of the cherry tomato
- Lay the Summeripe Peach Caprese skewers in a row onto a platter
- Drizzle all of the skewers with reduced balsamic vinegar and enjoy!
To Reduce Balsamic Vinegar
- In a saucepan, cook 1 cup dark balsamic vinegar over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until reduced to about half (1/2 cup), stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let the balsamic over reduce and burn.
- *This may make more balsamic vinegar than is needed for the Summeripe Peach Caprese skewers, feel free to add reduced balsamic vinegar to taste and store the rest of the balsamic reduction in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 6 months
Photo and recipe courtesy of Summeripe