Taco Crescent Ring
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package 1 oz Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cans 8 oz each Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3/4 cup nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- Crushed Shredded lettuce chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, taco sauce or salsa, as desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. In medium bowl, mix beef mixture and cheese.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8 rectangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. (Dough will overlap; half of each triangle will hang over edges of cookie sheet. Dough ring should look like a sun.)
- Spoon beef mixture on the half of each rectangle closest to center of ring.
- Bring each dough rectangle hanging over side of pan up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Gently separate dough perforations on top until filling peeks through. Brush dough lightly with water, and top with crushed chips. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.