Tingle your taste buds with this Tex-Mex T-Bones recipe. Your guests will love tender steaks rubbed with a spicy sweet spice blend then grilled to perfection.
- 4 12-16-ounces Certified Angus Beef ® T-bone steaks
- 2 Tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine chili powder, cumin, salt, brown sugar, garlic, onion and oregano to create a rub.
- Evenly coat T-bone steaks with rub. Cover tightly in plastic wrap or zipper-locking plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for more intense flavor.
- Preheat and oil grill, or pan-sear steaks in a lightly oiled cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Sear 2-3 minutes per side until internal temperature is 135-140°F for medium doneness. Rest 5 minutes tented with foil before serving.
- Yields 5 tablespoons of rub; ideal for 3-5 pounds of Certified Angus Beef ® steaks
Photo and recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.