The Beale Street
Get a taste of Beale Street without leaving your kitchen. This sandwich is loaded with a harmonious combo of Wisconsin gorgonzola and pepper jack cheeses, kale, Golden Delicious apple slices and bacon. It’s served on thick-cut slices of sourdough bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 thick-cut slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese try Boar's Head pre-sliced Pepper Jack
- 1/3 cup 2 ounces Caraluzzi's Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash of cumin
- 1/2 Golden Delicious apple peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup kale chopped
- Heat flattop grill. Butter both sides of bread slices. Place 2 slices pepper jack cheese on each bread slice. Sprinkle crumbled gorgonzola over 1 slice. Place on grill; cover and grill until cheeses melt.
- Reheat bacon on hot grill until it sizzles. Season with black pepper, garlic salt and cumin. Place bacon pieces on bread with gorgonzola; top the bacon with apple slices. Place kale on remaining bread slice and gently press into melted pepper jack. Flip kale slice over bacon-topped slice. Grill, covered, a few moments. Remove from grill; let rest briefly. Halve sandwich on the diagonal.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.