Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- Non stick cooking spray
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg lightly, beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, all-spice, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, applesauce, and egg.
- Make well in center of dry ingredients. Pour in buttermilk mixture, stirring until just combined (do not over mix). Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake until tops are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool slightly. Transfer muffins to cooling rack. Serve Warm.