Baked Blackberry Brie
This deliciously easy Baked Blackberry Brie recipe is perfect for holiday entertaining!
- Brie wheel
- 6 oz blackberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- homemade buns/bread best as day-old
- salt & pepper to taste Try Caraluzzi's Sea Salt and Five Pepper Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Slice bread diagonally to create toast points.
- Place on lined cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare the brie by shaving off some of the top rind roughly.
- Place on cookie sheet (split bread and brie).
- Bake for ~10 minutes, until bread is golden and brie is soft.
- While baking, heat water, honey and half of blackberries in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Heat until reduced and thick. Blackberries will start to break open.
- Remove and strain mixture well. Discard seeds.
- Mix fresh blackberries with the reduced sauce.
- Remove brie and toast. Top brie with blackberry reduction and enjoy over toast points.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Southern Fatty.